Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Two Yums Up

           So, not a second after I posted my earlier piece, the clouds parted and the sun came out full force. The air may have been a bit chilly still, but the sunny skies lasted for the remainder of the day. Another reason to love springtime in this area—you never know what you’re going to get from one minute to the next, literally.
            I took advantage of the surprisingly pleasant weather and my afternoon off from both work and class to explore the cute little shop I mentioned in yesterday’s post: Eco Bella Bakery.
           Was it worth the trip to Rochester's South Wedge neighborhood? Simply put, yes. In fact, I think I may have found my new favorite sweet stop. As a first time buyer, I selected a mini carrot cake moon pie and a cheesecake brownie, both vegan and gluten-free. The girl behind the counter recommended the brownie; I couldn’t resist the tiny portion of carrot cake. 
          Both were delectably delicious, although I've only had a bite of the brownie so far. The carrot cake lasted me all of maybe five minutes? I'll have to hold off for a week or so to avoid too many excess calories, but I am so going back for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails